Greenville, SC Insurance
Greenville, SC Insurance Information
Greenville, SC Insurance
Business Insurance Solutions For The Hub Of Upstate South Carolina
Greenville is swiftly growing to become a huge hub of small businesses. In 2018, there were 406,536 small businesses in Greenville, South Carolina alone.
With so much activity also comes increased risk. You’ve worked hard to start and maintain your business, and Select Insurance wants to help you prepare for anything that might threaten it.
Common Greenville, SC Insurance Questions
Insurance available for your business may include:
- General Liability Insurance: This provides coverage for bodily injury or property damage.
- Advertising Injury Insurance: A bad advertisement can hurt your business beyond repair. Advertising injury coverage may help cover some of the cost.
- Business Owner's Policy (BOP): A BOP combines liability coverage and property coverage into one business-friendly package.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: Personal auto insurance may not cover vehicles used or owned by the business. Commercial auto insurance can protect your assets in case of an accident.
- Workers Compensation Insurance: Most businesses in South Carolina are required to have workers compensation insurance for when an employee gets injured on the job.
- Professional Liability Insurance: This protects a business against claims concerning malpractice or negligence.
The cost of insurance for a small business varies on the amount of coverage and the type of insurance. For a business owner’s policy, for example, a business is considered small if it has less than 100 employees and earns $5 million or less in revenue. Insurers may only consider a business small if it has 50 or fewer employees. It also depends on the industry of your business, as riskier industries tend to cost more monthly. The average cost for a business owner’s policy may be around $61 a month while general liability sits around $52 a month. Speak with a Select Insurance agent today at (864) 964-0622 or fill out an online quote to find out how much it will cost to insure your business.
South Carolina doesn't require businesses to have commercial insurance. It does, however, require any business with two or more employees to carry workers compensation insurance. Any business that uses vehicles for work purposes must also carry a certain amount of commercial auto insurance.
Even if you're not required to carry commercial insurance, it's important to cover your assets. Small businesses don't always have the resources that big businesses do to rely on in face of a lawsuit or disaster. After all your hard work, the last thing you want is for an incident to bring the business to a halt.
South Carolina doesn't require insurance for an LLC and the insurance that's best for an LLC may differ from insurance that suits a small business. LLCs are more likely to have limited personal property and liability insurance than commercial insurance.
What We Can Do
Select Insurance is dedicated to serving our customers. By working with an impressive list of great carriers, we'll find you the best deal for your business and its budget. Get in touch by phone today at (864) 964-0622 or fill out our online contact form to protect your hard work.