Auto Insurance in Abbeville, Honea Path, and Anderson, SC
In South Carolina in 2017, there was one vehicle crash every 3.7 minutes. Aiken County registered 4,081 of those accidents, and Anderson County counted 5,391. Crashes also caused $4.56 billion in economic losses.
Even one accident is too many. You therefore should strive to protect both your car and yourself whenever you hit the road. To avoid the personal losses associated with wrecks and other incidents, you need car insurance. Select Insurance, LLC can help you enroll in the coverage that protects both you and your vehicle as unique, valuable entities.
Auto insurance is the best financial protection drivers can have. Coverage may help you recover financially from a covered vehicular incident, whether driving or simply parking your vehicle for the night. Select Insurance LLC can explore the types of protection you want for your auto insurance coverage.
What Is Auto Insurance?
When you purchase an auto insurance policy, you enter into a contractual agreement with your insurer. In exchange for your regular premium payment, your insurer provides you with coverage. If you have a covered incident, you can file a claim with your insurance company to begin the damage recovery process. This could include assistance to repair or replace your vehicle or cover your liability for a third party’s injury or property damage.
What Is Covered by Auto Insurance?
Drivers may choose from an array of auto insurance coverage, depending on the protection they want. Many drivers choose these types of insurance for protection:
- Collision insurance may help cover the costs of replacing your vehicle or repairing damage to your vehicle from an accident or collision with an object.
- Comprehensive insurance may help pay for replacing or repairing your vehicle after it sustains damage due to a nonaccident-related incident, such as weather damage, fires, theft, vandalism or other occurrence.
- Liability insurance may help pay for the losses of the other driver and anyone else injured or harmed if you are at fault in an accident. Liability insurance includes the following:
- Bodily injury liability coverage may pay for third-party medical bills and sometimes for death benefits.
- Property damage liability coverage may pay for damage to the other person’s property.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance may help cover damages if someone without adequate liability coverage caused an accident that resulted in bodily injuries or property damage to you.
- Medical payments (MedPay) coverage may help pay for medical expenses for injuries sustained in an accident—regardless of who is at fault.
Additional coverages might also be available, and we can discuss what coverage you may want as part of your auto insurance policy. Call us for a no-obligation quote.
Is Auto Coverage Mandatory?
South Carolina requires that drivers carry minimum levels of bodily injury, property damage liability and uninsured motorist coverage. Insurers in South Carolina are also required to offer you underinsured motorist coverage, but drivers are not required to purchase it. Many drivers choose an amount of coverage beyond what the state necessitates to ensure they have sufficient financial protection. We can discuss the coverage you need to satisfy the state’s requirements—and your own needs.
Get the Protection You Need
Select Insurance serves Anderson, Greenville and Spartanburg, South Carolina, and we can provide you with various insurance options to consider for your auto coverage needs. Call 864-964-0622 to speak with an agent and get your no-obligation quote.